Understanding the benefits of dentures and partials.
If you are just beginning the transition to life with dentures or partials, remember, hang in there. Important changes don't happen overnight. Give yourself some time and soon you'll be living well with your dentures or partials.
- You can smile again. We know denture wearers who've said that simply being able to smile again really helped their outlook on life.
- Replacing missing teeth will benefit your appearance and your oral health.
- Dentures help keep facial muscles from sagging, which can make a person look older.
- You'll be able to eat and speak — things that people often take for granted until their natural teeth are lost. And if you've had trouble with your natural teeth for a number of years, you might not have been able to eat the foods you want or speak comfortably for quite a while.
- It may take some time to get used to them, but once you do, there are many benefits.
- Dry mouth can be a side effect. But this should lessen over time and there are products available to help you manage this condition. One product that can help with dry mouth is Biotene®.
- In the beginning, you may find it challenging to eat or speak. Be sure to read Eating & Speaking for some valuable hints and tips.
- Dentures and partials require daily care. But don’t worry, we’ve made it easy for you to know how to care for your dentures. Just check out Proper Care.
PoliCare™ is here to help you get used to living with your new dentures or partials. Check out the entire site for a lot of good information. But if you are just starting your denture journey, you should start at Learn the Process.