How to insert and remove dentures or partials.
Using the information below, learn how to insert and remove your dentures or partials. And to understand the benefits of using denture adhesive creams, click here.
Inserting Your Dentures or Partials
- Clean and dry dentures or partials.
- Apply zinc-free Super Poligrip® in SHORT STRIPS, not too close to denture edges. Click here to learn how to apply adhesives correctly.
- Rinse mouth before inserting dentures or partials.
- Press dentures or partials into place, hold firmly and bite down for a few seconds to secure.
- Swish mouth with water.
- Slowly remove dentures using a rocking motion.
- Remove adhesive residue from denture and mouth with warm water and a soft brush.
- Use Polident Denture Cleanser to thoroughly clean your denture.
Remember to handle your dentures over a sink half-filled with water. This will help protect your dentures if you drop them.
Watch Our Video Demonstration
The Benefits of Using Adhesives
Many denture and partial wearers use zinc-free Super PoliGrip® to help them eat, speak and smile with confidence. Even if your dentures fit well, food particles can become trapped between your dentures and gums and can cause discomfort. Super Poligrip® seals out up to three times more food particles. And that means you can enjoy eating your favorite foods like steak, tortilla chips or even a chocolate-covered strawberry.
Remember, a denture adhesive is no substitute for properly fitting dentures and partials. If you find that your dentures or partials are loose, see your dentist.