How to help a new denture wearer.
What you can do to help a loved one make the transition to living well with dentures or partials is going to vary from person to person. If you haven't read the section on this website about the emotional impact of getting dentures or partials, you should give it a look. Here are some suggestions that may help.
- You can help choose a set of dentures that more closely matches their natural smile.
- You can be emotionally supportive during the entire extraction process.
- You could accompany your loved one to dentist visits and listen when they need someone to turn to.
The most important thing to remember is to relax.
- You can prepare and serve foods that are easier for new denture wearers to eat.
- If the new denture wearer in your life is a little reluctant to make that first trip to the denture care aisle on their own, you could make sure he or she has the right Secure Hold & More and Daily Clean denture care products.
- It will take somewhere between three months and a year for a new denture wearer to make the transition. Find out more at First Year With Dentures.
- You can find out about all of these steps, and many more, right here at MyPoliCare.com. And be sure to join PoliCare™. You can pass on the helpful information and savings that this program offers.
Change can be scary for everyone involved, but if you keep a positive attitude, make sure that your loved one takes time to get used to the changes, and help find the right products for them, you'll both be on the way to living well with dentures.
And that's definitely something to smile about.
To find out more about how to help and prepare, watch our video